Cheese and tomato toastie – 93kcal (390kJ)
Simply chop the tomato and spring onion, sprinkle them over a slice of crispbread, cover with grated cheese and place under a pre-heated grill for a couple of minutes.
- 1 wholegrain crispbread: 39kcal (164kJ)
- 15g of grated 30% less fat mature cheese: 47kcal (197kJ)
- 40g of tomato: 7kcal (29kJ)
- an optional sprinkling of chopped spring onion (calories nominal)
Baked beans on toast – 99kcal (416kJ)
Perhaps the ultimate in comfort food, we believe you should still be able to enjoy this national treasure even if you're watching your calories.
- a 22g slice of toasted wholegrain or wholemeal bread: 48kcal (202kJ)
- 60g of baked beans: 51kcal (214kJ)
- optional sprinkling of chives (calories nominal)
Homemade popcorn – 89kcal (374kJ)
A good source of fibre, popcorn will keep you feeling full for longer, making it an ideal snack. Plus, it's really easy to make!
- 20g of popping corn: 62kcal (260kJ)
- 3g (1 teaspoon) of oil: 27kcal (113kJ)
- optional sprinkling of chilli powder and Worcestershire sauce (calories nominal)