1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 tsp. lemon zest
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Note: For an extra crunch or if the mixture is too wet, add some Panco breadcrumbs!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, parsley, lemon zest, cumin, coriander, pink salt, black pepper and garlic powder and pulse to combine.
3. Add aquafaba and pulse again so dough sticks together and does not crumble.
4. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons for each falafel and place on prepared baking sheet. Press down lightly with the palm of your hand so they are slightly rounded but not flat.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through. It’s done when the firm on the outside, but soft on the middle.