There are many benefits
- weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more kilojoules when at rest
- may help reduce or prevent cognitive decline in older people
- greater stamina – as you grow stronger, you won’t get tired as easily
- prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
- pain management
- improved mobility and balance
- improved posture
- decreased risk of injury
- increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- improved sense of wellbeing – resistance training may boost your self-confidence, improve your body image and your mood
Try one of our Strenght Classes today and start to feel the benefits of your increased strength. All abilities welcome.
Monday - Power Blast 18:45 - 19:30
45 Minutes of power! Squats, lunges, burpees, weights and burn! Instructor Mel
Tuesday - Kettlebells Arms & Abs 9:30 - 10:15
Kettlebell training can be the tool to get results fast. Instructor James
Wednesday - Boxfit 18:30-19:15
This form of training not only increases your fitness levels and stamina but helps you to tone all areas using low impact with high energy. Instructor Sophie.
Thursday Bags, Bells & Body Weight plus 10:15 - 11:00
An intelligent mixture of bags, ‘bells and body weight designed to keep you strong, fit and functional. Come and try this “one of a kind” class at Fitjoy. Instructor, Paul
ST45 - Strength 18:45 - 19:30
This is a strength workout using kettlebells, dumbbells, slam balls & battleropes Improve your strength. Instructor Alex.