These bite-sized crumbles are perfect for little kids, and if there are any left over (unlikely!) they’re great for freezing. This recipe makes around 12 crumbles.
You will need:
- around 500g blackberries
- 250g plain or wholemeal flour (you can swap some of this for oats if you like)
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 180g cold butter, cut into cubes
- cup cake cases.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 5.
2. Fill each cupcake case about three-quarters full of blackberries, sprinkle with sugar and then squish them down a bit.
3. Put the flour in a bowl, add the butter and rub in until it looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the sugar, and the oats if you’re using them.
5. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the fruit and bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Get a grown-up to help you get them out as they’ll be very hot!
6. Let them cool for a bit and serve with a dollop of thick cream or ice cream – yummy!
By Danielle Wesley ,